Monday, September 29, 2008

craze for gold

I had to attend some marriages last month.Beautiful girls wearing gold ornaments all over their bodies and exhibit like models of jewlleries.I have travelled all over India and attended marriages in almost all states of India.Never I came across the show off and exhibition of gold ornaments in marriage functins except in Kerala ,the most educated state.I visualise the predicament of poor parents who are constrained to compete with others.In my opinion there must be some awareness programes among women.I wonder how these educated girls of this beautiful state become puppets in the hands of others? Some will argue that gold is an asset which can be utilised for so many purposes in future lives of couple.But still the girls of Kerala should think twice whether they run after the gold merchants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home